IT Support SpecialistDate Posted: 04/03/2021
Application Close: 30/04/2021
Location: Arcinova - Alnwick
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Specialist to join the IT Team. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Alnwick IT Support Supervisor.
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Specialist to join the IT Team. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Alnwick IT Support Supervisor
- To provide support for IT systems, software, hardware and users, in support of the Quotient business and its customer/clients.
- To assist in the day-to-day administration of IT helpdesk and any associated tasks.
- To work to assist with projects and develop IT initiatives for the business, this role will provide helpdesk support as well as providing project related support.
- Assisting in meeting agreed SLA’s/KPI’s/Metrics for IT support services
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to cover for critical/ emergency IT issues
- Monitor and report on systems in line with daily requirements.
- Project related work to support roll out of new technology and systems
- Travel to other UK and sites as needed for the provision of local support and IT projects
- High concentration of work leading to being able to prioritize demands both autonomously and with the wider IT team.
- Working in a hazardous environment with requirement to follow safety procedures
- Respond to internal and external client demands
Required skill & Experience: The successful candidate will have
- >2 years of working in an IT/Helpdesk environment
- Proven knowledge of IT systems, software and support methods
- A-Level or above qualifications in IT (or relevant industry experience/training)
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workloads on a daily basis
- Experience of dealing with customers both in person and on the phone
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems
Desirable skills are:
- Experience of ITIL Service Operations
- Office 365 and Active Directory administration or certification
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
The role will also include working to strict and tight deadlines, multitasking a range of tasks/issues simultaneously. Occasional working outside normal working hours.
You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated. A high level of personal integrity and commitment is essential, as is a flexible approach to new work challenges.
To apply please email your letter of application, CV and any relevant supporting documents to Jodie Staton.
Send us your application
Discover how Arcinova can help
We provide a fully integrated approach to drug development, speak to our team and discover how we can help you fast forward to market.