Senior Chemical EngineerDate Posted: 25/03/2019
Application Close: 30/04/2019
Location: Arcinova - Alnwick
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Chemical Engineer to work within an expanding team at our Alnwick site.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Technical Development Centre team.
Supports the implementation of Arcinova’s Science, Technology and Innovation roadmap by delivery of a portfolio of chemical engineering-based projects, including:
- Site Master Plan – contribution to facility growth strategies, space utilisation, budget development and phasing of expansion.
- Flexible Modular Manufacturing Unit – process and facility design; new process equipment specification and introduction; process engineering for new products being introduced into the unit for production.
Other tactical projects involving process development, project management, hazard assessment, process design and scale up activities for small molecule (drug substance), biological processes, biological products and drug products.
- Support the scale up of chemical process development activities, ensuring robustness, safety, scalability and economy
- Provide technology design support for new process equipment introductions and for contractor selection
- Act as Project Manager for scale up and technology development projects and for new equipment stream introduction as assigned and function as a point of contact for clients, providing periodic updates, reports and archiving.
- Provide chemical engineering resource to support safety assessments (HAZEVAL/HAZOP/DSEAR/ATEX etc.) in support of scale up, technology development and equipment stream introduction projects
- Support GMP aspects of new facilities, utilities, equipment and product introduction (DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Support key technology introductions, including bioprocessing and process intensification technologies. Develop expertise in selected technology development areas.
- Support cost estimates for proposals, technology introduction projects, NPI etc.
- Represent ARCINOVA interests with external organisations and organisations within the Shott Trinova Group (e.g. BPE / KFS)
- Work with due regard to health &safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
Extensive knowledge and experience of Chemical Engineering covering process design, manufacturing scale up, in a pharmaceutical / biotech GMP environment. Good written and oral communication skills.
An excellent record in Chemical Engineering, qualified to min BEng with minimum of five years’ relevant industrial experience. Chartered status would be an advantage.
To apply please email your letter of application, CV and any relevant supporting documents to FAO Jodie Staton.
Send us your application