Synthetic Chemist x 2Date Posted: 22/03/2021
Application Close: 30/04/2021
Location: Arcinova - Alnwick
An opportunity has arisen for an Synthetic Chemist x2 to join the Drug Substance team. This a full-time, permanent position.
Perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures. Support scale up and manufacturing phases of product development including the provision of shift cover as required. Carry out in-process analysis, including sample preparation and interpretation. Use test of critical raw materials and intermediates. Participation in and preparation of HAZOP and risk assessments.
- Perform syntheses and purifications of various chemical entities within agreed timeframes. Maintain Laboratory Notebooks of Batch Synthesis Instructions, prepare Analytical Data Sheets and reports.
- Manufacture API at the tens of grams to tens of kilogram scale. Provide manufacturing shift cover as required.
- Apply the skills highlighted above to the manufacture of non-pharmaceutical materials, impurities and degradation products at the tens of grams to tens of kilogram scale.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the CMC team.
- Contribute to laboratory operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, contracts, housekeeping, stock control, disposals and liaise with other departments dealing with such matters.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements,
- Work with due regard to health &safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
Good knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering process optimisation to ensure successful and cost-effective scale-up. Good understanding of process safety and hazard operability. Proficiency in carrying out kilo-scale chemical processing. Awareness of the current regulatory environment, a comprehensive understanding of process analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing and a good understanding of the factors controlling API physical form. Good written and oral communication skills.
Either a degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Chemistry or a closely related discipline or a completed apprenticeship as a chemical operator, with minimum of one year’s relevant industrial experience.
To apply please email your letter of application, CV and any relevant supporting documents to Jodie Staton.
Send us your application
Discover how Arcinova can help
We provide a fully integrated approach to drug development, speak to our team and discover how we can help you fast forward to market.