Radiosynthesis ChemistDate Posted: 02/07/2020
Application Close: 31/08/2020
Location: Arcinova - Alnwick
We are currently recruiting for a Radiosynthesis Chemist to work within an expanding team at our Alnwick site.
Summary of position
We are currently recruiting for a Radiosynthesis Chemist to work within an expanding team at our Alnwick site. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of pharmaceutical projects covering a wide range of synthetic organic chemistry and would receive full training (chemistry and compliance) in the area of radiosynthesis in a world class and globally recognized facility. You will be involved in and contribute to new route selection for target labeled molecules. The role offers good career development opportunities as we are a fast-growing company.
The key tasks of the position are:
- Plan, perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates and client proposals in collaboration with Business Development.
- Act as a Project Manager for syntheses as assigned and function as a point of contact for clients, providing periodic updates, reports and archiving.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the onsite analytical team.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in chemistry and have a minimum of one year’s relevant experience in industry or will have a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry. Experience of radiochemical synthesis would be an advantage, as would experience of GMP operations. A good breadth of experience and knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry techniques is essential. You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated. A high level of personal integrity and commitment is essential, as is a flexible approach to new work challenges.
To apply please email your letter of application, CV and any relevant supporting documents to Nikki Edwell.
Send us your application
Explore other Chemistry Jobs
Discover how Arcinova can help
We provide a fully integrated approach to drug development, speak to our team and discover how we can help you fast forward to market.