An opportunity has arisen in Sample Management to join the Bioanalytical Services team. This is a permanent position, reporting to the Head of Sample Management. Provide effective, efficient, and flexible sample management support to meet regulatory/quality standards, meet business needs and Clients’ expectations/requirements.
The key tasks of the position are:
- Working directly with clients during study set up, providing flexible support, input into study documentation e.g. Laboratory Manuals & Data Transfer Specifications. Performing discrepancy resolution, sample reconciliation and preparation of LIMS data files for transfer to clients.
- Setting up LIMS database to allow sample receipt, chain of custody, generation of data files, barcode label generation (where necessary), monitoring of sample disposal timelines and liaising with clients for disposal authorisation
- Responsible for monitoring Bioanalytical Services sample storage units (fridges, freezers and room temperature in High Level Preparation Laboratory), including the maintenance of logbooks, verification of EMS RTD probes within regulatory compliant units. Validation of new sample storage equipment for Bioanalytical Services
- Maintenance of Bioanalytical Services test material/controlled substances inventory.
- Participation in audits as requested by Regulatory Authorities, clients and Site QA department
- Ensures work is conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements where appropriate. Works with due regard to health & safety of self & others, and works flexibly across the site to meet business needs
The successful candidate will be educated to a minimum of HND/HNC level (or equivalent), in a relevant discipline (with 3 years' experience) or BSc in a relevant subject. Experience of working directly with clients would be advantageous. The successful candidiate will possess good team skills with the ability to work independently, taking the initiative and providing solutions when required in order to move forward and meet project deadlines. Excellent organisational skills, good written and oral presentation skills are required. Computer literate and experienced with Watson LIMS.
To apply please email your letter of application, CV and any relevant supporting documents to FAO Jodie Staton.
Send us your application